Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bitter-Sweet Memory...

I was looking through some old emails, journal entries, etc and i stumbled across a school report an old friend of mine wrote. I think it was for her RE class. She had to write about someone who inspired her or something?? Anyways she wrote this [* The original picture has been removed for privacy's sake]:

This is me and my best friend Jess, we became friends last year in November and now we are closer than sisters. At the hardest time in my life she taught me how to stay positive and how to have heaps of fun. She is a huge inspiration to me because no matter how hard things get she never gives up. This girl is never without a smile on her face. When she faces a challenge in her life she overcomes it with great determination and doesn’t give up until she’s achieved what she set out to do. Jess has an unbelievable confidence in herself that contributes to a TRUE happiness that can’t be broken from little obstacles that get her down. She is never without a smile, and you can go to her feeling your worst and come away crying with laughter. She is the biggest inspiration in my life and I look up to her a lot. Jessica Ann Bradbury is my angel. I love her =)

Its sweet to remember all the hilariously fun times we had, the "best-friends-forever" moments, and just all the happy fluffy feel good memories we shared.
But then equally, i feel a bitterness that we no longer share that unique bond anymore.
I'm not sure quite how it happened. I think it was one of those slow degenerative ends. I guess our priorities changed or something. It hurts a bit.
I guess the message of this blog is: don't let your ambitions in life destroy the relationships in life. Because at the end of the day, you may have fulfilled your ambition but you'd be all alone in your success with no-one to share it with.

2 comments:

L!$@ said...

I'm glad I'm still friends with those who were close to me when I was younger and we still have each other hunny :)Wether I'm far away or close by I will be there for you always!! Love ya Jess Mwah!

Anonymous said...

Lisa you're my angel!

About Me

My Photo
Jess [Bradbury] Wheeler
Gosford, New South Wales, Australia
Hey. If you are reading this, you probably already know who I am. But just in case you're new... Call me Jess, I'm a human being, and this blog is a mixture of a) updating the gossip grapevine and b) personal therapeutic word-vomit and such. Have a wander, expect the unexpected, leave a comment and then go right on doing whatever it is that you do each day. Keep it simple, keep it real ;) Love Jess.
View my complete profile