Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Exquisite Corpse

No... this post is not about an amazng dead person's body!!


Exquisite Corpse is what sparked off the surrealist movement in art history. [You know that famous painting of the melting clocks? Thats surrealism]. It began with a group of eccentric men doodling in the underground art scene. Have you ever played the game where someone begins a story, folds the paper over and the next prson continues writing the story and by the end, when you unfold the paper, you have a ridiculously hilarious nonsense story?? Well Exquisite Corpse is just like that only instead of writing a story, you're drawing a picture.


Anyways... So after learning about this is my art tutorial, i went home and played the game with Bekah.
Here's what we came up with, against what the surrealists came up with:

What Bek and I Drew

What the Surrealists Drew


















 

Pretty freaky huh?
Hehe, I think Bek and I were definately surrealists once upon a time :P

1 comments:

Charlotte said...

Very Cool! I remember we always used to play this game in sacrament as kids. haha

About Me

My Photo
Jess [Bradbury] Wheeler
Gosford, New South Wales, Australia
Hey. If you are reading this, you probably already know who I am. But just in case you're new... Call me Jess, I'm a human being, and this blog is a mixture of a) updating the gossip grapevine and b) personal therapeutic word-vomit and such. Have a wander, expect the unexpected, leave a comment and then go right on doing whatever it is that you do each day. Keep it simple, keep it real ;) Love Jess.
View my complete profile