Monday, December 8, 2008

Conquered a Mountain

Yesterday, i woke up, sat up, and decided "I'm going to climb a mountain today"...
...So i did!
Danyall Richards, one of my good mates, accompanied me on the adventure.
We climbed Quamby Bluff, which is just outside of Deloraine.
I'll let the pictures tell the story.


[This is what we're climbing up, doesn't look like much, but the trees to the right of the picture are covering up the best part of the mountain... i like to think of it as more of a steep, rocky hill :P]


[Dan is all prepared with his "Moses stick", haha]


[This big hollow tree marks the beginning of where the track gets "interesting" and starts to go up - get very steep and therefore FUN!]


[One of my favourite parts of the track. We have to climb up these rocks, and then as we get to the top of this ridge of rocks, we discover another steep ridge of rocks before the bushy part of the trail continues! Its so much fun climbing rocks...]


[Finding the visitors book (it's found under some rocks and tin, in a plastic bag, at the tippity top of the mountain), one of them, was a walk down memory lane... The last time i signed the book was on 13th May 2006!]


[What i wrote two years ago...]


[View from the top...]


[View from the top...Can you see the sea? Its faint in the haze]


[From the cliff edge you can see where we started. That forked dirt road just before the mass of trees is where we parked the car. Man, We came a loooong way!]


[We conquered the mountain in 1hr and 40 mins, this includes the time we spent up top. We made it UP in 40 mins- which is a new record for me! Dan was great to be able to surge up that hill with me!! For those who don't know, the walk is advertised as a 5hr return walk!]


[Dan and I left our mark on the mountain before leaving.]

Some other shots of scenery from the journey:

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Jess [Bradbury] Wheeler
Gosford, New South Wales, Australia
Hey. If you are reading this, you probably already know who I am. But just in case you're new... Call me Jess, I'm a human being, and this blog is a mixture of a) updating the gossip grapevine and b) personal therapeutic word-vomit and such. Have a wander, expect the unexpected, leave a comment and then go right on doing whatever it is that you do each day. Keep it simple, keep it real ;) Love Jess.
View my complete profile