Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Life's a Garden, Dig It... PART 2 !

Well, once again, Kayla and I took advantage of the sunshine and got straight into the gardening.
We did a total of 6 hours hard labour today! My everything hurts, but i feel great! Haha!

Due to all the rain we've been having we did end up very very muddy!
I'm pretty sure i've ruined another pair of trackies - oh dear.

The highlights of our gardening adventure today:

  • A 3-hour long fight with the blasted dead raspberry bushes... they won. My arms are scratched to pieces!
  • Shovelling poop, mixing it into the soil, gasping/gagging from the smell - chook poo is great for the veggies but man! it STINKS!
  • Demolishing the "too-expensive-to-repair" hot house:

[Above Left: what's left of the hot house after we stripped it and sledge-hammered off some rusty poles. ... Above Right: the bits of poles i hammered off the frame.]

  • Planting the first of the vegetables!:


[A really bad photo of the beginnings of our vegie patch]


[Cucumber patch, Carrot patch, Lettuce Patch]

  • The end of a hard day's work:


[Yes, that IS a pile of poop in the bottom-right corner :P]

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Jess [Bradbury] Wheeler
Gosford, New South Wales, Australia
Hey. If you are reading this, you probably already know who I am. But just in case you're new... Call me Jess, I'm a human being, and this blog is a mixture of a) updating the gossip grapevine and b) personal therapeutic word-vomit and such. Have a wander, expect the unexpected, leave a comment and then go right on doing whatever it is that you do each day. Keep it simple, keep it real ;) Love Jess.
View my complete profile