Monday, September 8, 2008

Life's a Garden, Dig It!

The sun was shining, the frost was melting, i'd done all my house chores... I found myself wondering what to do with all that free time?

Kayla suggested gardening with her!

It was warm and i love being outdoors in the sunshine so i thought, "Why not?" Afterall, we only get to live once. If i die tomorrow, at least i know the gardening's been done!


[Kayla and Me, about to tackle the garden!]


[What we'd done up to today...]


[What we accomplished today. It may not look so dramatic, but it took ALOT of work to get this far!!]


[Haha! Who said work wasn't fun??]

[WARNING: Crazy Red-Head with "Choppers"!!]


["You'll never take me alive! Ahhhhh!!!"]


[Creepy Scarecrow that's probably been there since the dawn of time lol]


[This scarecrow gets creepier the closer you get! It may not scare the crows but it sure creeped me out!!]


[Kayla working hard it, Raking away...]


[Me working hard at it, digging out the mother of all weeds!]


[Me picking out a "baby" weed :P]


[Jonny decided to come over half way through to "help" - aka. walk around us in gum boots and gloves, talking and doing nothing lol]


[Found a frog amongst the forest of weeds. this frog scared the pants of poor Kayla lol]


[Kayla and I, she's hoe-ing and i'm raking]


[Kayla killing the ground, me smoothing it over :P]


[The "Tower of Tire" - we built it ourselves, tanky much?]


[The final wheelbarrow load of the day full of weeds]


[Tired, grubby and dirty, satisfied :) ]


[Yep... I was pretty much this tired afterwards :P ]

All in all, Kayla and I had a great time working in the garden. It still has a long way to go before we start planting so i hope the weather continues on like this so we can get the veggies in before the holidays are over!

Although i was pretty pooped afterwards, i still had enough energy to scrub the bathtub, mop the floor, clean the mirrors and dust and wipe down the walls.

I'm pleased with the efforts of today. My feet are killing me, my arm and back muscles are sore, i'm tired... and very much content :)

I stand by what i said earlier: "If i die tomorrow, at least i know the gardenings been done"

1 comments:

Jack Prebble said...

hahaha ;)

the flannie loks right at home! =) good work Jess... Gradening beats cleaning anyday ;)

About Me

My Photo
Jess [Bradbury] Wheeler
Gosford, New South Wales, Australia
Hey. If you are reading this, you probably already know who I am. But just in case you're new... Call me Jess, I'm a human being, and this blog is a mixture of a) updating the gossip grapevine and b) personal therapeutic word-vomit and such. Have a wander, expect the unexpected, leave a comment and then go right on doing whatever it is that you do each day. Keep it simple, keep it real ;) Love Jess.
View my complete profile