Monday, June 6, 2011

Dedicated to someone special...

To all those who may read this blog from time to time...

This is the beginning of a few posts I'll be dedicating to people who've contributed to my life in some significant way.

The first person to dedicate a post to was an easy choice...

To my dear darling sister Bek:

Firstly, I MISS YOU!!! It has been sooo long since we've had a 'spack' together ;)

Ok, now I've got that off my chest.

Where do I begin? Since before I can remember we've been the greatest of friends. My earliest memory that I can think of right now... We were playing in the cat-poop-filled sandpit in QLD. I think we were making "Friday Island" or something. I don't remember details but I do remember feeling so very very happy that I had someone to share the same imaginary world with me. someone who understood where I wanted to plant the twigs in the sand without me having to say anything.

You've supported me in my every endeavour. You've always been so willing to follow me through the wildest of plans! Remember the animal rescue lady? Remember the "lemon leaves"? Haha. Good times. You always listened to EVERY SINGLE THING I've ever said to you. That's dedication.

Thank you Bek for always listening. For someone who is 'off with the fairies', you've always ALWAYS been there for me. Thank you.

In my weakest moments, you've always been the one to give me that look that says 'Oh grow up, Jess'. Thanks for being honest with me, even when I really didn't want to hear it.

In my sadest and most lonely times, you've been there to understand, to support and to just give me cuddle or to just give me space. Thank you for always knowing what I need when I need it most.

We've known each other for a very long time, and in that time we haven't always agreed on things... Thank you for never letting our disagreements last longer than an hour or so! I really love that we can have our spat then an hour later be laughing our heads off!

I miss that the most... We never went a day without laughing when we were in each other's company. Remember the 'fart spot' on the carpet? Yeah. That cracks me up thinking about it!

You hold a very special place in my life.

You've been there through it all, my constant buddy, my pain-in-the-bum, my voice of reason, my closest friend and greatest support.

Thank you for helping me become the person I am today.

I love you Brekky.

This post is for you <3.

Love your big, soppy, silly sister,

Jess.

2 comments:

Bekah said...

All my love and happy tears goes to you at the very moment I finished reading this.
It made me laugh.
It made me cry.
But best of all...
I got warm fuzzies! (not associated with flatulence)
I miss you terribly! I miss spacking.
Thank you so much my dearest sister and hero!

Love always, our adventures will never cease. xxxx

L!$@ said...

Awwww I love you both! You two are so awesome! :D

About Me

My Photo
Jess [Bradbury] Wheeler
Gosford, New South Wales, Australia
Hey. If you are reading this, you probably already know who I am. But just in case you're new... Call me Jess, I'm a human being, and this blog is a mixture of a) updating the gossip grapevine and b) personal therapeutic word-vomit and such. Have a wander, expect the unexpected, leave a comment and then go right on doing whatever it is that you do each day. Keep it simple, keep it real ;) Love Jess.
View my complete profile