Friday, June 10, 2011

Flood!!!

So, we've had A LOT of rain in Launceston lately. And on Tuesday it was HEAVY! It had been raining all night and was still going strong when Anthony woke up. He came rushing into the bedroom saying, "Jess! You've gotta come see this!"

Tearing myself out of bed (I really didn't want to get up out of my warm bed), I looked outside the kitchen doors to see this:

OUR COURTYARD FLOODED!

(Most likely due to the horrendous and pretty much non-existent drainage system outside).

As the rain continued relentlessly, our courtyard continued to fill... right up to our doorstep!

Our 'doorstep' is a rather deep chunk of concrete, so that means there was A LOT of water in our courtyard!

Luckily, as the rain slowed, so did the filling and eventually the water drained away... Phew!

3 comments:

Fiona said...

that was close! friends of mine had a bit of a flood in their home while they where on holidays, lost a lot of precious pics:( Rain rain go away.
x

L!$@ said...

Dang that sucks!! Lucky it didn't go into your house though! :D

Bekah said...

Holy smack, THATS AWESOME!!
Did you make boats?? Please tell me you made some boats!!

About Me

My Photo
Jess [Bradbury] Wheeler
Gosford, New South Wales, Australia
Hey. If you are reading this, you probably already know who I am. But just in case you're new... Call me Jess, I'm a human being, and this blog is a mixture of a) updating the gossip grapevine and b) personal therapeutic word-vomit and such. Have a wander, expect the unexpected, leave a comment and then go right on doing whatever it is that you do each day. Keep it simple, keep it real ;) Love Jess.
View my complete profile